Do you have what it takes to be a Thought Leader? Content marketing produces quality content and solves industry challenges. Being an influencer gains “followers” as opposed to an audience and doesn’t typically add original ideas. To be a Thought Leader you take everything to the next level.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A THOUGHT LEADER?
- First, make sure you have expertise in your niche
- Second, incorporate original thoughts in your content
- Next, produce helpful and informative content
- Comes up with authentic solutions
- You begin to be recognized and referenced by colleagues
- The title of “Thought Leader” is earned by being credible
- Build relationships with other experts inside and outside the niche
- Respects all levels of people in your industry
- Gain an “audience” not followers
- Focuses on target audience AND their competition
So, if you have any of the above characteristics, you are on your way to becoming a Thought Leader.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A THOUGHT LEADER?
- Free marketing
- Other Thought Leaders and Influencers will share your content
- People outside your niche will reference you
- Asked to participate in seminars and on panel discussions
- Adds credibility to your brand
- Community members / influencers may recommend you
- You become a “go-to” source
- Able to charge higher prices for your services
As you can see the results are impressive from becoming a thought leader. Your marketing can improve without needing to spend as much as you had in the past.
HOW TO USE A THOUGHT LEADERSHIP MARKETING STRATEGY:
- Firstly, identify other leaders in your industry
- Secondly, consistently compete with their content
- Thirdly, have the time and money to invest
- Fourthly, and most importantly, promote your content in all available avenues
To be a thought leader, you have to commit to it…it won’t happen overnight. For instance, putting out one blog a month won’t get you there. Speaking at one event is helpful, but you need consistency.
GOALS OF THOUGHT LEADERSHIP:
- Present yourself as a confident intelligent source
- Open people up to new ways of thinking
- Help people make sense of content they’re already familiar with
- Consistently be able to create and distribute content
- Communication (Website, emails, blogs, podcasts, YouTube etc..)
In conclusion, to be a successful Thought Leader you need to be a consistent, creative, confident communicator. By sharing quality content over time, using different resources you will have the power to influence an entire industry.
Contact our office…
Want to find out more how you can become a thought leader? Contact The Karlyn Group for a free consultation. The Karlyn Group has focused heavily on getting involved in the local community. Local clients include law firms, personal chefs, a Buddhist Temple, health trainers and other professional service companies.